I am very excited about Jake Sachs! He is running for New Smyrna Beach City Commission. I have known Jake several years and think he truly represents a GREAT option for the City Commission. Jake is a really nice guy who really wants the best for the city he calls home.
Jake has a passion for our environment, he spends many hours in his kayak picking up trash, on the beach and is an active member of the Surfrider Foundation, the Marine Discovery Center and the Southeast Volusia Audubon Society.
I spent some time with Jake talking about what is important and what he sees for the future of NSB. I think he thinks like the rest of us. Take a look below and see what he is running on and see if you agree.
Jake wants to:
- Listen to the concerns of our local citizens and find solutions by working with city staff and residents to solve neighborhood concerns.
- Protect our natural resources especially Mosquito Lagoon and the Indian River Lagoon
- Utilize smart growth practices without urban sprawl.
- Support local businesses and core districts.
- Mitigate impacts to our residents and infrastructure when beaches and roads become over crowded and littered.
- Make roads safer for pedestrians, bicyclists, and motorists.
Check out Jake on Facebook here. Give his page a like and follow along with what is going on. It is very important for our city and the future.